On May 27, 2018, we announced the Care Project to help make sure our students have access to meals at school and to protect the financial security of families trying to pay for school meals.
You can join us! Become a partner today by taking these actions:
- Share the word to your family and friends about the problem and the project!
- Come to our Action Team meetings to help make the changes we need.
- Help us raise money and awareness about unfair school meal policies in our local area.
- Virginia Black Leadership Organizing Collaborative, VA BLOC, is based in Hampton Roads, Virginia and focuses on building empowered communities. Currently focusing efforts in Hampton and Newport News, we are community organizers working in Integrated Voter Engagement, Civic Involvement, and Leadership Development. We host workshops, activities, and events that help citizens become more involved in their communities and in local/state government. VA BLOC is a project of New Virginia Majority.
Other Community Partners:
- New Beech Grove Baptist Church
- InTouch CDC
- First Baptist Church East End – Social Action Ministry
- St. Augustine’s Episcopal Church
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. – Lambda Omega Chapter
- YOU! Sign up to be a partner today! Email Cameron at CBell@va-bloc.org